RetroPGF Round 1
The Optimism Collective’s first round of Retroactive Public Goods Funding (RetroPGF) took place in Q4 of 2021. This round was the first RetroPGF experiment of the collective and was announced (opens new window) in the months following the initial blog post on Retroactive Public Goods Funding (opens new window). RetroPGF 1 allocated $1M to fund projects that have provided value to the Optimistic Ethereum ecosystem.
In the first round of RetroPGF, 76 projects were nominated, and 58 were awarded funding by the badgeholders! The median funding received by a project in RetroPGF 1 was $14,670, while the top 10% of projects received more than $36,919.
- You can find a sheet with all projects and their funding allocations here (opens new window).
- You can find Vitalik's review of the round here (opens new window)
# Process and timeline overview
- Badgeholder selection - In RetroPGF Round 1, 24 badgeholders, made up of 8 Optimists and 16 Ethereum community members, were selected to vote on distributing retrofunding to nominated projects.
- Nominations (Oct 5th - Oct 21st) - anyone could nominate a project via a form submission (opens new window) by providing a project name, project lead name, project lead e-mail and impact description.
- Voting (Oct 24th - Nov 1st) - Badgeholders were provided with a badgeholder manual (opens new window) and asked to evaluate and vote on nominated projects via quadraticvote.co's interface (opens new window).