Token House History
# Seasons and voting cycles
Token House governance operates on a seasonal schedule. Season two begins on August 25th, 2022, with Voting Cycle Five. Seasons are separated with a three-week Reflection Period.
During each Season, Token House voting occurs via three-week voting cycles. Voting Cycles begin on Thursday at 19:00p GMT (12p PST) and end on Wednesday at 19:00 GMT (12p PST). At the beginning of a Season there may be a two-week voting cycle for policy and document proposals that come out of the previous Reflection Period.
During Reflection Periods, the Optimism Foundation will publish a proposed changelog to the Operating Manual and a set of governance proposals aimed at addressing the feedback received in the previous season. There will be no active votes during Reflection Periods, so that delegates and the broader community have time to provide critical feedback to improve the next season. Reflection periods are expected to be followed by two-week Special Voting Cycles during which we vote on proposals to modify the collective's structure.
You can see up to date information about the seasons and voting cycles in the governance calendar (opens new window).
At the time of writing we in Season #2: August 25th - Nov 9th, 2022
- Reflection Period #2: Nov 10th - Nov 30th, 2022
- Season #3: Dec 1st, 2022 - Feb 15th, 2023
# Season #2: Aug 25th - Nov 9th, 2022
- Voting cycle #6 (Sep 8th - Sep 28th)
- Voting Cycle #5 (Aug 25th - Sep 7th): Changes made during the Reflection Period are voted on during two-week Special Voting Cycles.
# Reflection Period #1
The reflection period was a break between season 1 and season 2 where the Optimism foundation, with the help of delegates and community members, updated and improved the governance process.
- Operating Manual v2 (opens new window)
- Grant Proposal Template v2 (opens new window)
- Introducing Governance Committees (opens new window)
- Committee Formation Proposal Template (opens new window)