Token House History
# Seasons and voting cycles
Token House governance operates on a seasonal schedule. Season three began on January 26th, 2023, with Voting Cycle Ten. Seasons are separated with a Reflection Period. Reflection Periods may be followed by Special Voting Cycles to adopt proposals that come out of the previous Reflection Period.
During each Season, Token House voting occurs via five-week voting cycles. Voting Cycles begin on Thursday at 19:00p GMT (12p PST) and end on Wednesday at 19:00 GMT (12p PST).
During Reflection Periods, the Optimism Foundation will publish a proposed changelog to the Operating Manual and a set of governance proposals aimed at addressing the feedback received in the previous season. There will be no active votes during Reflection Periods, so that delegates and the broader community have time to provide critical feedback to improve the next season. Reflection periods are expected to be followed by Special Voting Cycles during which we vote on proposals to modify the collective's structure.
You can see up to date information about the seasons and voting cycles in the governance calendar (opens new window).
At the time of writing we in Season #3: January 26th - March 1st, 2023
# Season #3: January 26th, 2023 - April 5th, 2023
- Voting cycle #11 (March 2nd - April 5th)
- Voting cycle #10 (January 26th, 2023 - March 1st, 2023)
# Reflection Period #2
- Protocol Delegation Elections (opens new window)
- Grants Council Elections - Growth Experiments (opens new window)
- Grants Council Elections - Builders (opens new window)
- Badgeholder Nomination Voting (opens new window)
- Protocol Delegation Program (opens new window)
- Grants Council (opens new window)
# Season #2: Aug 25th - Nov 9th, 2022
- Voting cycle #8 (Oct 20th - Nov 9th (opens new window)
- Voting cycle #7 (Sep 29th - Oct 19th) (opens new window)
- Voting cycle #6 (Sep 8th - Sep 28th) (opens new window)
- Voting Cycle #5 (Aug 25th - Sep 7th): Changes made during the Reflection Period are voted on during Special Voting Cycles.
# Reflection Period #1
The reflection period was a break between season 1 and season 2 where the Optimism foundation, with the help of delegates and community members, updated and improved the governance process.
- Operating Manual v2 (opens new window)
- Grant Proposal Template v2 (opens new window)
- Introducing Governance Committees (opens new window)
- Committee Formation Proposal Template (opens new window)