How to be a delegate
Participating in Token House governance can require a serious time commitment. For this reason, people are able to delegate their OP to community members who have explicitly volunteered to play an active role in Token House governance.
Being a delegate is an important job that comes with a lot of responsibility. Before deciding to become a delegate you should be familiar with:
- The Working Constitution (opens new window).
- The Operating Manual (opens new window).
- The delegate code of conduct, once it is released.
# Ready to be a delegate?
This is the process to become a delegate:
# Step 1: Commit
- Read the delegate responsibilities
- Post a completed delegate commitment form (opens new window). If you have any questions about the form, ask in the delegation questions feedback thread (opens new window)
- It is not required, but you probably also want to delegate your OP tokens' voting power to yourself (opens new window). Please note that the expectation is that token grants will not be self-delegated to grant recipients.
# Step 2: Set up your profile
Set up your delegate profile.
Please note that delegate avatars are taken from ENS. If you want to change your avatar, you’ll need to do it via ENS (opens new window).
The Optimism Foundation will add new profiles to the delegate site (opens new window) once per Season.