# About Demo Day
Demo day was started by our amazing Ambassadors as a way for users to see all the cool dApps on Optimism! It runs every two weeks dApps have ~7 minutes to showcase their stuff. This can be anything from a full run through, to showing off a new feature, or promoting a special event on the dApp!
For information about our next demo day, check out the Demo-day channel (opens new window) in our Discord (it is under events).
# Getting a Slot
Make sure you check all these boxes before applying for demoing, or you will not get a demo spot. These spots go fast!
# Pre-demo check list
- Is your dApp deployed & live on Optimism? Only dApp/features/etc that are ready to be use can be demo’d.
- Are you and your team in the Optimism Discord? The call is on Discord, so best get everyone on there! Make sure to tag the team member(s) who are presenting in the demo day channel.
- Do you have a live or pre-recorded demo ready? Your demo should be no longer than 7 minutes. Your demo can cover features, run throughs, promotions/special events etc. Just let us know!
- Will you be available for a test run the day before the demo at the same time as the demo? Nothing sucks more than being ready to demo but your sound isn’t working... we do a very quick check that all your settings are correct!
- If you have not presented in a Discord channel before, please watch this tutorial before your AV check. This makes everything faster! Discord Basics: How To Setup Audio and Video Settings (opens new window)
# Get your slot!
✅ If you meet all the above criteria, then please apply for a slot in the demo day channel!
Note: If you want to do a giveaway, lotto or prizes/rewards around your demo please make sure to let us know in advance so we can help with hype and distribution (if needed).