These are developer videos. See here for governance videos.
# Getting started with OP Mainnet
In this video you learn how to use OP Mainnet (or a test network) for your own development:
- Deploy a contract on OP Goerli (Foundry) (1:24) (opens new window)
- Interact with an OP Goerli contract (Foundry) (2:20) (opens new window)
- Use the Etherscan block explorer with OP Goerli (2:53) (opens new window)
- Getting started docs, with other development stacks (4:45) (opens new window)
- Getting test ETH (6:00) (opens new window)
- The OP Mainnet Bridge (7:25) (opens new window)
- Inter-layer communication, between Ethereum and OP Mainnet, or Goerli and OP Goerli (8:48) (opens new window)
- Gas cost calculation (10:20) (opens new window)
# ETHDenver 2023
February 24th to Mar 5th, 2023
# Scaling Ethereum - Panel with Liam Horne
OP Labs' CEO, Liam Horne joined Jesse from Base, Eva from The Graph Foundation, and Stani from Aave for a panel covering how L2s are scaling Ethereum for global adoption, moderated by Molly from Protocol Labs.
# Doing Decentralization Identity Right - Kelvin Fichter
From the OP Labs DevRel team, Kelvin Fichter talked about building decentralized, attestation-based identity onchain. Come for the knowledge, stay for the slide art.
# Web3 Identity Off-Chain, On-Chain, and Both - Panel with Kelvin Fichter
He continued to share his thoughts on a panel, where he sat down Masha Healy & Evin McMullen as they all discussed Web3 identity off-chain, on-chain, or both.
# Kelvin Interviews ETHDenver
# ETHOnline 2022 | Optimism Summit
September 22nd, 2022
# Modular OP Stack - Karl Floersch
This talk covers the OP Stack chain software, and how the Bedrock release will enable deployments of op-chains which serve new use cases, are future proof, and will all one day fit together to form the Superchain.
# Introduction to Architecture - Joshua Gutow
This talks covers bedrock’s architecture. It explains how redesigning the rollup architecture in bedrock reduces fees & increases implementation simplicity. It also covers the various components of the system & how they interact.
# Modular sequencing - Norswap Laurent
In this video you learn the design space around two design choices related to sequencing:
- who sequences (decentralization)
- how they sequence (MEV!)
# Pluggable data availability - Protolambda
In this talk protolambda explains how the next OP Mainnet upgrade improves the rollup with modular design, and how this can be utilized to quickly adopt future scaling improvements like EIP-4844 (a.k.a. proto-danksharding). OP Labs is contributing to L1 research and development to increase the data availability used for securing all L2s.
# Panel: State of 4844
The end game for data availability on Ethereum - Full Sharding - and how EIP-4844 gets us closer to that goal. This video discusses:
- Where we are with the implementation of EIP-4844 and what else was needed to be done before CFI.
- How the community could help us ship EIP-4844.
- Data Availability and the concept of a Data Availability Layer; analogous to the CL and EL. This concept helps reason about how data, i.e. the blobs, fits in Ethereum.
# Intro to Quix - Mark Dawson
The NFT ecosystem on OP Mainnet is an exciting, growing space. Mark Dawson is the co-founder of Quix, the largest NFT marketplace on OP Mainnet. He discusses early NFT communities on OP Mainnet, the upcoming NFT bridge, composable NFTs, and how to get started in the OP NFT ecosystem.