# Deploying to Mainnet
This page refers to the design of the current iteration of the Optimistic Ethereum protocol. Details here are subject to change as the Optimistic Ethereum protocol evolves.
We currently require addresses to be whitelisted before they can deploy onto the Optimistic Ethereum mainnet. To get the full rundown, see our post on Medium (opens new window). Below is the current list of criteria required to be whitelisted for mainnet deployment.
# Requirements and Key Info
- Carefully check through the list of potentially breaking changes of the next upgrade and ensure your contracts will not be affected
- Deploy your contracts to our Optimistic Kovan test network
- Verify each of these contracts on Optimistic Kovan Etherscan*
- Fill out the Whitelist application form (opens new window)
- After the next Kovan regenesis, you must confirm that your Kovan deployment has remained fully functional
If you are whitelisted and deploy to Mainnet, you must:
- Verify your contracts on Optimistic Etherscan - YOU MUST VERIFY YOUR CONTRACTS ON ETHERSCAN OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE WIPED FROM THE CHAIN DURING THE NEXT UPGRADE.
- Share a link to a
deploymentsfolder or file that shares a mapping of each contract name to address on Optimistic Ethereum Mainnet
- Alert us if you are looking to deploy contracts that were not included in the initial application form
*Note: If your protocol uses contracts that you cannot verify on Etherescan, they will be wiped from state in the next upgrade and you would have to re-deploy them.